June 13, 2009
Saturday Morning. Breakfast. A quick pick-us-up meal to go with coffee and juice is what we needed to get the weekend started.
So I cut up some organic potatoes, leaving the skin on. Microwaved them until they were just soft.
In a cast iron pan, melted butter. Added sea salt. Added the potatoes. Sprinkled some Mexican chili powder and garam masala. Took the pan off the stove when the potatoes were slightly browned.
In another cast iron pan, heated up a tad of olive oil with a tad of butter. Cracked a few eggs in and sea salt. Scrambled the eggs around and just before they were cooked (I like them on the soft side), I added some chopped basil leaves.
Places the potatoes and eggs together on each serving dish. Garnished with organic pea shoots (from Trader Joe's), drizzled with a bit of lemon and sprinkled with, yes, sea salt.
Quick Ricotta Dumplings in Tomato Broth
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment